Monday, 16 February 2015

123 Get Scrappy/The Studio Challenges/CSI

Hey everyone. This is Mousse. She was found behind my daughter's house, meowing her little head off in the snow.  Anyone that knows my daughter would know the cat didn't stay outside for long. It didn't take long for her to make herself at home. I dug deep into my stash and found an older collection from Fancy Pants called 'Road Show'. The pattern papers and stickers were from this collection. The flowers were cut using Spellbinders' 'Bitty Blossoms' dies.

The doilie and bling were from Bobunny. The alpha stickers were from Prima and the little clothes pin from Maya Road. I flicked some splatters using Dylusions ink spray from Ranger.

I incorporated 3 different challenges in this layout. For the 123 Get Scrappy Challenge #19, I used red background, the word love and cat.

I also played with CSI's Case File No. 154. I used all five colors in the scheme. The evidence clues that I used were stripes, wood/woodgrain, textured paper and twine. The testimony clue I used was mix handwriting with letter stickers.

Last, but certainly not least, I used the sketch from The Studio Challenges' February challenge.

Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.


Monday, 9 February 2015

Sketchabilities #132

Hey everyone. Here's my version of Sketchabilities #132 sketch. The picture is one of my daughter taken with her business card. She had just landed her first "big girl job" a couple of months before. Momma Bear is very proud!!!  The pattern paper I used was from my older stash. Its a collection from Fancy Pants called 'My Family'.

The flowers were punched using an EK Success punch. I crumpled and then layered 3 flowers. The buttons were also from the "My Family' collection. The greenery was cut using a Sizzix die.

For the background I sprayed on some Distress Stain and then wiped it with a damp paper towel. I then splattered more of the same colored stain. The film strip was from Tim Holtz's Ideology line from Advantus Corp.

The circles were cut using 2 Spellbinder dies. I hand cut the 2 hearts. The heart on the right was cut from cardboard and painted with Distress Crackle Paint. This is a technique I have used quite a few times. Love the way the heart turns out!!! Below is the sketch from Sketchabilities. Make sure to check out their blog. Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by!!


Scrap Our Stash Challenge #23

Hey everyone. Here's my take on Scrap Our Stash's #23 Stash Challenge. The challenge was to use an item from your stash for each letter in the word "washi". I used the following:

W- Woodgrain sequins
A- Alphabet stickers
I-Ink (hello was stamped using distress ink)

The paper, tags, burlap heart and  "hello" stamp were from the Crop and Create Delivered Fall 2014 kit. The hexagons were punched with an Epihany Crafts punch. The sketch was from PageMaps January 2015 selection.

Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.