Wednesday 15 May 2013

Gadget Girls 2013 Spring Crop Classes


Hey everyone. Just wanted to share the layout classes that I taught at the Gadget Girl's Spring Crop in New Glasgow. I used We R Memory Keepers 'Vintage T' collection. This stuff is very cool. There is actual stitching on some of the papers. Anyone who knows me, knows that I don't go far without my sewing machine so this was a real bonus. I also used some of Bobunny's double dot paper which matched perfectly. The circles were stamped with a syrofoam cup. The splatters were made by brushing some water onto a distress stain dabber and then wacking it on the layout. Another very easy technique. It was literally a 3 min video on you-tube that I stumbled across. The stars were made by cutting up small pieces of foil tape and layering them on cardstock. I then cut them out with Spellbinder dies and added little rivets and crosses with a pen and bone folder. I then inked them with alcohol inks. A technique seen on, the king himself....... Tim Holtz's blog. This layout was inspired by a Creative Scrappers sketch.


For the second layout I also used a line by We R Memory Keepers. This collection is called 'Good Day Sunshine'. The larger flowers were all made with circles. The smaller ones were made by layering two punched flowers. The technique on the left of the layout also involves circles. A small piece of chipboard was placed in the center of the pattern paper circle and the edges were then folded over. By placing the folded circles side by side, you get this very cool pattern. This technique and layout was inspired by a class, I had the good fortune of taking, at Crop and Create in Moncton last year. All of the products used were of course purchased from Shabby Shutters.

If you are interested in attending a Gadget Girls Crop, which I highly recommend, check them out on facebook. Hope you like the layouts and thanks for stopping by.

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment